Bayer pharmaceuticals is the maker of both Yaz and the Mirena IUD. The Mirena has now become the central focus of Chicago lawyers and Bayer will is seeing 1000’s lawsuits filed for the Mirena. The Mirena IUD gravitates from the original implant position and them becomes embedded in the uterus or a nearby organ like the abdomen. A perforation usually occurs. The device must , then be surgically removed. The result is usually uterine perforation as well as potential infertility from the damage to the uterus.
There are very serious complications being reported from the Mirena IUD and Chicago women are advised to make an adverse incident report with the FDA. Lawyers are pushing for a class action MDL ( multi-district litigation ) consolidation. This is the same type of class action as the Yaz lawsuits which are currently seeing settlements of approximately $250,000.
Bayer has settled $750 million for 3,490 lawsuits. The complications of Yasmin™ and YAZ™ oral contraceptives resulted in women plaintiffs suffering from deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism and blood clots. The Mirena IUD is another Bayer product.
Manufacturers appear to see women as a target for their insufficiently tested devices and medications.
medical complications reported for the Mirena include:
- Perforation of the lining of the uterus
- Perforation of the lining of the cervix
- Perforation of nearby organs
- The IUD becomes embedded in the wall of the uterus
- Pregnancy with the Mirena IUD implanted
- Migration of the IUD to other areas in the body, such as the abdomen
- Pregnancy that occurs outside of the uterus (ectopic pregnancy)
- Group A streptococcal sepsis
- Need to surgically remove the device
Chicago women should contact us immediately for help and to file the Mirena lawsuit.