What Is Pulmonary Embolism?
A Pulmonary embolism , is a sudden blockage in a lung artery. The blockage usually is caused by a blood clot that travels to the lung from a vein in the leg.( deep vein thrombosis ) Yaz has warnings for Pulmonary embolism. Yaz lawyers are accepting cases for Pulmonary embolism from Yaz.
A clot that forms in one part of the body and travels in the bloodstream to another part of the body is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus).
A Pulmonary embolism is a serious condition that can be fatal:
- Damage part of your lung because of a lack of blood flow to your lung tissue. This damage may lead to pulmonary hypertension (increased pressure in the pulmonary arteries).
- Cause low oxygen levels in your blood.
- Damage other organs in your body because of a lack of oxygen.
If a blood clot is large, or if there are many clots, pulmonary embolism can cause death.
Pulmonary embolism most often is a complication of a condition called deep vein thrombosis . In DVT, blood clots form in the deep veins of the body, usually in the legs. These clots can break free, travel through the bloodstream to the lungs, and block an artery. This can be fatal.
Pulmonary Embolism Symptoms are listed below. yaz has warnings for pulmonary embolism.
Not all pulmonary embolisms exhibit the same signs and symptoms. But certain symptoms may indicate that a pulmonary embolism has occurred.
The following signs and symptoms may occur (in the order they are typically seen):
- Chest pain: Pain is very sharp and stabbing in nature, has a sudden onset, and is worse when taking a deep breath (referred to as pleuritic chest pain).
- Shortness of breath, especially with exertion
- Anxiety or apprehension
- Cough: Usually, this cough is dry, but it may be associated with blood.
- Passing out
Doctors may suspect a blood clot if any of these symptoms occur in someone who has or recently had a swollen or painful arm or leg or who has any of the risk factors listed previously. If you are on Yaz and are experiencing any of these symptoms seek emergency medical help immediately. Contact the Yaz Birth Control Pills helpline to speak to a medical social worker and a Yaz lawer.